Business Development Associate - Prince Rupert Port Authority
The Port of Prince Rupert is located on the scenic North Coast of British Columbia. As Canada’s second largest West Coast port, the Port is strategically situated on the Pacific Rim, with the deepest natural harbour in North America and direct connections to the North American continent by CN Rail’s network reach. Its facilities include modern, high-throughput coal and grain terminals, two cruise terminals and an innovative, intermodal container terminal anchoring the fastest and most reliable trade corridor on the West Coast.
Prince Rupert is home to amazing wildlife and wilderness adventures, unique history and cultural experiences, and the spectacular scenery of the rugged Coast Mountain Range and the Great Bear Rainforest. Easily accessible by air, rail, cruise ship, ferry or car, Prince Rupert’s attractions include First Nation cultural works of art, fine North Coast galleries and boutiques, parks and walking trails, restaurants and coffee shops. A balanced lifestyle might include enjoying a round of golf on the golf course or spending time out on the water kayaking, fishing, or taking in the scenery. Reasonable housing costs, organized sports, volunteer opportunities, modern recreation facilities, community groups and festivals all contribute to a comfortable and fulfilling lifestyle for those living in this community.
Watch video clip of Prince Rupert at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UzYCnmOZMs
The Business Development Associate will assist in identifying and assessing new business opportunities, attracting new capabilities and capacities and identifying infrastructure requirements to grow and develop a diverse port complex.
In consultation with the Manager, Business Development the position supports market research and analysis associated with the Ports lines of business, such as containers, bulk and break-bulk cargo.
MAJOR POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
- In collaboration with the Manager, Business Development conducts competitive analysis of other ports, terminals and service providers to understand market access for various commodities via different modes of transportation. This information will be used to determine the Port’s value proposition, highlight Port service gaps and identify market access capacities. Ultimately, attracting investment and developing Port lands.
- Assists the Manager, Business Development in the research and analysis of market opportunities associated with shifting trade patterns inclusive of the effects to existing and potential terminals and other Port service providers. Consolidates and packages this data and research into reports and presentations.
- Supports the Manager, Business Development in working with proponents, key stakeholders and other internal departments through a project’s life cycle from concept, feasibility and site selection through to the commencement of operations. Performs business analysis relating to specific aspects of projects.
- Represents the Port at various meetings and other functions as prioritized by the Manager, Business Development, providing management with a record of the proceedings, outcomes and opportunities.
- Assists with the creation and administration of Business Development marketing collateral.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Works predominantly in an office environment
- Regular, full-time position (37.5 hours per week). Regular working hours are Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with 1-hour lunch break
- Post-secondary education in business administration or related
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in Business Administration, Economics, or Transportation and Logistics is an asset
- 1 - 3 years of related experience.
- Experience in the transportation, logistics or resource sectors an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Able to generate, share, and follow through on ideas
- Excellent relationship building skills. Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff and various external parties.
- Superior judgment and tact in dealing with confidential information
- Strong customer service skills
- Solid computer skills, including ability to proficiently use relevant hardware, software (including MS Office) and peripheral elements
- Ability to participate in multiple priority projects simultaneously while ensuring commitment to budget, deadlines, business ethics and practices
- Able to develop professionally with regards to being aware of, and learning new industry trends, techniques and practices
- Ability to work with minimal/no direct supervision
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated. Works well individually as well as in a team environment.
- Resilient. Embraces change and thrives on change.
- Able to obtain security clearance under Transport Canada’s Security Clearance Program
- Possess valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
Individuals of aboriginal descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in confidence by September 07, 2018 to:
Director, Human Resources
Prince Rupert Port Authority
200 – 215 Cow Bay Road
Prince Rupert, B.C., V8J 1A2
Fax: (250) 627-8980
No telephone inquiries please.