City of Estevan, Saskatchewan
Posting Number: 10/17
Make a difference everyday with the City of Estevan a vibrant and growing community in Southeast Saskatchewan, with excellent educational, medical and recreational facilities. We have a strong business / industrial sector and are located only 10 minutes north of the U.S. border. The City of Estevan is searching for a talented member to join our team who wants to grow with the organization and community while supporting a customer first approach.
Reporting to the City Manager, this position provides research, analysis, and policy development for the City of Estevan with a focus on economic policy and research to enhance business growth and development within the City. The scope of the position requires collaboration, confidentiality, creative thinking, and analysis. Individuals will need to work productively, contribute ideas, and represent the City of Estevan in a professional manner in dealing with individuals within and outside the corporation. This position will also be required to establish a network of contacts and stakeholders in and outside of Estevan for the promotion and advocacy of economic development initiatives. .
- University Degree in Commerce, Economics, or Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in a setting of similar size and complexity
- Candidate must possess a valid class 5 Driver’s License. Travel may be required
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices, techniques, and related equipment of municipal government
- Knowledge of trends, technology, government regulations, and program standards in relation to economic development.
- Knowledge of the general rules and regulations of the Provincial Health & Safety Act, The Cities Act and The Planning and Development Act.
- Knowledge of land use planning, real estate development, zoning and municipal infrastructure.
- Capacity to identify the City's best competitive position within a market and use economic marketing strategies to attract prospective investors for community and business development.
- Strong sales background. Ability to create a customer experience that conveys confidence in the local community and can negotiate to benefit both groups.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. The City of Estevan offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package.
For further information or to apply, please contact:
Estevan, SK S4A 0W7
Ph: (306) 634-1841
Fax: (306) 634-9790
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.