Communications Officer - Northern Development Initiative Trust
What we’re looking for:
Northern Development Initiative Trust is seeking a collaborative and high-performing business professional to deliver timely and effective content to help raise the profile and promote Northern Development Initiative Trust programs, services, projects and the communities it serves. Based in Prince George, the Communications Officer reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Northern Development is seeking a skilled communicator and storyteller, able to deliver content across a wide variety of traditional and digital media. The ability to maintain excellent working relationships across a wide range of stakeholders and communities throughout Northern B.C. and the province is a must.
Priorities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating, drafting and editing content for use in media releases, social media posts, reports, publications, and advertisements as well as a variety of collateral materials and other marketing and communication tools.
- Contributing to the development and execution of Northern Development’s online strategies, including social media, websites and other digital platforms.
- Contributing to the management of a variety of communications channels, including websites, social media, contacts, event registrations systems, and email communication systems.
- Coordinating with contractors for the collection and creation of design, photography and video assets to help support Northern Development marketing and communications initiatives.
- Media monitoring to track coverage of Northern Development projects and initiatives, as well as for emerging regional economic issues and trends.
Northern Development is seeking an individual with demonstrated excellence in writing for a variety of formats and range of audiences, a keen interest in news media, and an understanding of the economy in central and northern B.C. and the communities within the Trust’s service area. This role demands the ability to manage multiple work priorities under pressure, the ability to meet deadlines, a high degree of tact, diplomacy, confidentiality and discretion at all times, and a flexible and committed approach to the job.
How to apply:
Please review the attached position description and submit a resume and cover letter clearly demonstrating why you’re the best candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30pm Tuesday, August 28, 2018. Only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Who we are:
Northern Development combines its financial resources with smart thinking to make a difference in the economy in central and northern B.C. Established by the Province of B.C. in 2005 with an initial capital infusion of $185 million, the Trust is an independent corporation that serves 137 communities throughout central and northern B.C. and has found more than 3,200 ways to get to ‘yes’ on economic development projects. Today, the Trust is sustainably managed and grants between $12 and $14 million of funding to support community economic development priorities throughout the region each year.