Finance & Operations Manager - Vancouver Economic Commission
DURATION: Full-Time Permanent
LOCATION: The Vancouver Economic Commission, 401 W. Georgia Street, Vancouver
DEADLINE: October 10, 2018
The Vancouver Economic Commission (VEC) is the economic development agency for the city’s businesses, investors and citizens. It works to strengthen Vancouver’s economic future by supporting local companies, attracting foreign investment and promoting international trade. VEC works collaboratively to position Vancouver as a global destination for innovative, creative, diverse and sustainable development.
We are seeking an experienced Finance and Operations Manager to join our team of experts dedicated to Vancouver’s economic diversification and resilience.
Job Title: Finance & Operations Manager
Reporting in to the Chief Executive Officer, the Manager of Finance & Operations provides oversight and a financial lens to the VEC’s day-to-day operations to ensure consistent implementation of VEC’s financial, operational and business policies, processes and procedures. The Manager prepares and manages annual planning models, templates, plans, and performance reports in accordance with VEC, audit, and accounting requirements and implements organizational and business procedures to improve the delivery of VEC’s operations and programs. They prepare and present financial documents for the CEO, Finance & Audit Committee, Board of Directors and Strategic Funders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership support to CEO and Senior Staff through strategic planning, organizational and business planning, and performance reporting against targets of VEC’s programs and services
- Reviews and maintains all VEC financial policies and accounting practices; ensures best practices and legal due diligence for third-party contracts and employment agreements
Finance and Accounting
- Prepares Statutory Financial Statements in accordance with GAAP
- Liaises with auditors as needed
- Oversees risk management
- Payroll including benefit enrollment and Municipal Pension Plan
- Ensures the consistent implementation of operational and business processes, policies and procedures
- Oversight and Contract management of main vendor relationships, including insurance, leasing and telecommunications
- Assists corporate development program efforts with applications, proposals, reviewing contracts for core and project funding
- Plans, organizes and evaluates VEC human resources policies and procedures
- Manages benefits plan and relationships
- Post-secondary education, preferably in a relevant field such as Finance, Accounting or related field
- Designated accountant CPA (CA/CGA/CMA)
- 7 years of relevant work experience in a financial management or accountant position
- Leadership experience with CEO and governance administration, and HR oversight
- Experience in risk management and handling confidential issues, documents, and relationships
- Proactive and positive team player
Based in the heart of downtown, VEC respectfully acknowledges that it is located on the unceded ancestral territories of the Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh and Squamish nations.
Please respond to this posting on Indeed with LinkedIn resume and cover letter by October 10 at 5pm EPT. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by VEC.