General Manager - Community Futures Okanagan Similkameen
The Community Futures Development Corporation of the Okanagan-Similkameen (CFOS) is seeking candidates for the position of General Manager.
If you are interested in this position, please review the job description below as well as the qualifications and competencies we are seeking. For more information about Community Futures, visit our website at https://www.cfokanagan.com/about-us.
To apply for the position, submit a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or Adobe pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 PM, February 23, 2018.
Short-listed applicants will be contacted by February 28. Only those who are selected for interviews will be notified.
General Manager – Job Description
The General Manager reports to the board of directors of Community Futures Development Corporation of Okanagan-Similkameen (CFOS). The region covers Summerland to Osoyoos, and west as far as Princeton.
Our mission is to provide business training and loans for entrepreneurs, thereby promoting economic development in our region.
Your mission is to help entrepreneurs and business owners, with advice, training and loans. You want to make a difference!
Leading your team of four staff, you will be responsible for the implementation of the CFOS operating plan. This encompasses managing and growing the loan portfolio, ensuring relevant business training courses are provided and well attended, and working collaboratively with other regional organizations on economic development initiatives, as well as financial and performance reporting.
Loan analysis and portfolio management:
In collaboration with the business development analyst and the board Loans Committee, oversee the management and growth of the CFOS commercial loan portfolio:
- Present loan recommendations to the Loans Committee
- Update and monitor the CFOS client portfolio risk analysis model
- Client site visits and meetings
Marketing and promotion:
In collaboration with the business development analyst and business advisor, market the CFOS training and loan programs to potential clients:
- Make effective presentations to potential clients and community groups
- Attend networking events, including regional chambers of commerce events, JCI, entrepreneurs’ meetup groups, etc.
- Network with other commercial lenders to participate in joint financing ventures
- Annually review the marketing strategy
In collaboration with the internal accountant, ensure compliance with CFOS funding mandates:
- Prepare monthly board report
- Quarterly financial and activity reporting to primary funding agency
- Prepare and present annual report
Qualifications and Competencies
The General Manager position requires a candidate with business acumen and a diverse range of skills. Our focus is to identify a candidate who has a strong mix of education and experience, along with a proven track record of leading successful teams.
The ideal applicant will have a combination of:
Education and experience:
- Business diploma or comparative degree
- Business development track record
- Commercial lending experience
- Financial analysis skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and data management type software
- File management and organization skills
- Passion to make a difference and help people
- Results‐oriented self‐starter
- Strong inter‐personal and communications skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a small team
- Confidence in making and communicating decisions
Salary, benefits and training
Salary range will be based on skills and experience.
This is a full time position, with a 35 hour flexible work week. Some after-hours work is required related to networking events, client meetings, training, conferences etc. After hours work is banked and taken in lieu as time off work later.
The position is eligible for full benefits including: medical, extended health and matching RRSP contributions, all of which are offered after a suitable probation period.
On the job training will be provided by the incumbent General Manager and other team members. There are also some online training resources available if required.
Applicants will need to have daily access to a reliable vehicle to facilitate site visits to clients, potential clients and networking events throughout this region. All business travel is compensated at Treasury Board rates.